-   -   How do I sort a pivot table page list? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/164343-how-do-i-sort-pivot-table-page-list.html)

stevekop

How do I sort a pivot table page list?

Hi there,
I use the Pivot tables "Show pages" Tool but the pages will be shown only in
alphabetical order.

My page field is "store names" and the table contains data "number of days
the store has been trading for" (as a data field), amongst other data such as
sales broken down by period.

How can I create these "Store Name" multiple worksheets to display in order
of "Number of days trading", instead of alphabetically by store name?

Can Anyone help?
Steve.

Debra Dalgleish

How do I sort a pivot table page list?

You could create a custom list of the store names, in order of trading
days --

List the stores on the worksheet, sorted by trading days
Select the list
Choose ToolsOptions, click Custom Lists
Click the Import button, then click OK
Refresh the pivot table, and make sure the Store Name field is sorted in
the custom list order

Then, use the Show Pages command.

--
Debra Dalgleish