-   -   increase existing cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/164260-increase-existing-cells.html)

Basikstylz

increase existing cells

I have a spreadsheet which has cells that I have already filled several cells
with numbers. Now I need to increase the cells by the same amount, say 10.
how can I increase all the cells without having to key them by hand?

Erin Searfoss

increase existing cells

By using the Paste Special Add feature.

Type 10 in a cell of to the side somewhere. Copy that cell. Highlight the
cells you want to increase by 10, right click to get the shortcut menu,
choose Paste Special, select Values and Add, clidk OK. Delete the 10 you
typed.

Good luck.
Erin

"Basikstylz" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet which has cells that I have already filled several cells
with numbers. Now I need to increase the cells by the same amount, say 10.
how can I increase all the cells without having to key them by hand?

Jim Thomlinson

increase existing cells

Place the amount to incerease by (10 in your example) in any empty cell. Copy
that cell. Select the range you want to increase and select Edit | Paste
Special - Add. Now just delete the cell with the 10 in it...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Basikstylz" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet which has cells that I have already filled several cells
with numbers. Now I need to increase the cells by the same amount, say 10.
how can I increase all the cells without having to key them by hand?

Gord Dibben

increase existing cells

Enter 10 in an unused cell.

Copy that cell.

Select your range of cells to change and EditPaste SpecialAddOKEsc

Delete the cell with 10.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP