-   -   Excel - Replace differant trailing words or symbyls with key word (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/164229-excel-replace-differant-trailing-words-symbyls-key-word.html)

working hard at home

Excel - Replace differant trailing words or symbyls with key word

How do I replace in multiple cells that start out with walgreen but have
mulitple differant endings to just walgreens.
example Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/06WALGREENS
Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/13WALGREENS

vezerid

Excel - Replace differant trailing words or symbyls with key word

=LEFT(A2,x)

Here x is the length of the word in characters. LEN("Walgreen")=8

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

On Oct 31, 4:28 pm, working hard at home
wrote:
How do I replace in multiple cells that start out with walgreen but have
mulitple differant endings to just walgreens.
example Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/06WALGREENS
Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/13WALGREENS

working hard at home

Excel - Replace differant trailing words or symbyls with key w

Sorry I dont get it?
if 8 = charactors. Would it not be replace with: walgreens(8)
what is (A2
Thanks Peter

wrote:
How do I replace in multiple cells that start out with walgreen but have
mulitple differant endings to just walgreens.
example Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/06WALGREENS
Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/13WALGREENS

iliace

Excel - Replace differant trailing words or symbyls with key word

If the first number after desired text always begins with a digit, you
can use this array formula:

=LEFT(F9,MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(--MID(F9,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(F9))),1)),
0)-1)

Assumes your text is in F9. After pasting this formula in the formula
bar, press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to confirm (instead of regular Enter).

On Oct 31, 10:28 am, working hard at home
wrote:
How do I replace in multiple cells that start out with walgreen but have
mulitple differant endings to just walgreens.
example Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/06WALGREENS
Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/13WALGREENS

Dave Peterson

Excel - Replace differant trailing words or symbyls with key w

A2 is the address of the cell that contains the string:
Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/06WALGREENS

Then try:
=left(a2,8)
in another cell (say B2???)

--

Dave Peterson

Bob I

Excel - Replace differant trailing words or symbyls with keyw

Your question is ambiguous, give before and after example.

wrote:

How do I replace in multiple cells that start out with walgreen but have
mulitple differant endings to just walgreens.
example Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/06WALGREENS
Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/13WALGREENS

working hard at home

Excel - Replace differant trailing words or symbyls with key w

This is Vertical list with multiple differant prefex.I want to eliminate the
back end info words just keep front wording, using find and replace tool and
not list each sell as their are hundreds
example Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/06WALGREENS
Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/13WALGREENS
Become Walgreens

wrote:
How do I replace in multiple cells that start out with walgreen but have
mulitple differant endings to just walgreens.
example Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/06WALGREENS
Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/13WALGREENS

Gord Dibben

Excel - Replace differant trailing words or symbyls with key w

I would use =LEFT(B2,9)

To return walgreens.........9 chars

Gord

wrote:
How do I replace in multiple cells that start out with walgreen but have
mulitple differant endings to just walgreens.
example Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/06WALGREENS
Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/13WALGREENS

Dave Peterson

Excel - Replace differant trailing words or symbyls with key w

Maybe the OP just wanted one store <vbg.

wrote:
How do I replace in multiple cells that start out with walgreen but have
mulitple differant endings to just walgreens.
example Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/06WALGREENS
Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/13WALGREENS

--

Dave Peterson

iliace

Excel - Replace differant trailing words or symbyls with key w

"Multiple differant prefex". If a number always follows a prefix, I
reiterate my previous solution.

wrote:
How do I replace in multiple cells that start out with walgreen but have
mulitple differant endings to just walgreens.
example Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/06WALGREENS
Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/13WALGREENS- Hide quoted text -