-   -   Excel 2007 File Sharing Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/164180-excel-2007-file-sharing-problem.html)

[email protected]

Excel 2007 File Sharing Problem

Hi

I am using Excel 2007.
I have a shared workbook (it also contains macros) on a network, when
one of
the users open it and try to save it, it gives error message.
"Your changings could not be saved to [file name] because of sharing
violation. Try saving to a different file."
When I press Ok, it opens Save As dialog box.
After cancelling Save As dialog box, it gives some other error
messages.

After all when I try to open that file from my system, it gives
following error.
"Unexpected file lock by [user]....." and asks to Save As a copy or
overide the changings. When I choose to override the changings it
saves on my system but again other user gets the same error i-e
"Your changings could not be saved to [file name] because of sharing
violation. Try saving to a different file."

However when I save it, its ok before getting the error by other user
but if the other user gets the error then after that I also receive
the same error.

Please guide me what is the problem and how can I fix it.