-   -   Very slow using SaveAs in Excel (and other Office apps) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/163990-very-slow-using-saveas-excel-other-office-apps.html)

Philip

Very slow using SaveAs in Excel (and other Office apps)

When I create a new file (or save one I've opened -- say as an attachment in
an email) in a specified directory with a new name it takes forever. Each
time I choose a subdirectry I have a long wait (play solitaire!) until can
choose then next leve in the nest of subdirectories. Why is that? Using
Explorer doesn't take that kind of time.
--
Philip

Tien

Very slow using SaveAs in Excel (and other Office apps)

I have the same problem and it is driving me insane.

"Philip" wrote:

When I create a new file (or save one I've opened -- say as an attachment in
an email) in a specified directory with a new name it takes forever. Each
time I choose a subdirectry I have a long wait (play solitaire!) until can
choose then next leve in the nest of subdirectories. Why is that? Using
Explorer doesn't take that kind of time.
--
Philip

Tien

Very slow using SaveAs in Excel (and other Office apps)

Never mind, I found another thread that showed how to fix this. I went to My
Computer and disconnect any network at I was not using that fixed the problem.