-   -   How do I stop Excel from changing numbers into a date? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/16396-how-do-i-stop-excel-changing-numbers-into-date.html)

Buckwildbill

How do I stop Excel from changing numbers into a date?

I would like to type in 1-3 but it keeps getting turned into 3-Jan. I have
turned off every option in excel that I can find but it still keeps happening.

Nick Hodge

Pre-format the cells as text or pre-fix entry with a single apostrophe. (It
will not show but will stop the conversion)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge