-   -   Copy a (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/163545-copy.html)

tom

Copy a

I would like to be able to enter the data from A2 on sheet 1 into cell B3 on
sheet 2 and have the data from A3, A4, and A5 on sheet 1 automatically go
into C3, D3, and E3 on sheet 2. I have a database with over 10,000 entries
and would like them all to work like this. Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

Bob I

Copy a

You will have trouble at A255 unless you have Excel 2007.

Tom wrote:

I would like to be able to enter the data from A2 on sheet 1 into cell B3 on
sheet 2 and have the data from A3, A4, and A5 on sheet 1 automatically go
into C3, D3, and E3 on sheet 2. I have a database with over 10,000 entries
and would like them all to work like this. Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

tom

Copy a

I have 2000, what can I use to get it to work up to A255?

Tom wrote:

I would like to be able to enter the data from A2 on sheet 1 into cell B3 on
sheet 2 and have the data from A3, A4, and A5 on sheet 1 automatically go
into C3, D3, and E3 on sheet 2. I have a database with over 10,000 entries
and would like them all to work like this. Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

Bob I

Copy a

You only have 256 columns to work with on a sheet. You will either have
to start a new sheet, put data in additional rows, or buy Excel 2007. As
far as "the data" automatically going into, well that is a case of how
you want to do it, you could copy, Paste special, transpose.