-   -   Excel & MS Works compatibility (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/163484-excel-ms-works-compatibility.html)

larrys39426

Excel & MS Works compatibility

Should I be able to open, and create, Excel spreadsheets with my Works
software? My Dell E510 (about a year old) computer info says I have Office
installed (even gives me a Product ID), but it only lets me create documents
other than spreadsheets. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
--
larrys39426

Gord Dibben

Excel & MS Works compatibility

With Works you can save as an excel file *.xls

You cannot open Excel files in Works.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, larrys39426
wrote:

Should I be able to open, and create, Excel spreadsheets with my Works
software? My Dell E510 (about a year old) computer info says I have Office
installed (even gives me a Product ID), but it only lets me create documents
other than spreadsheets. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

larrys39426

Excel & MS Works compatibility

Thank you very much. I was afraid of that, but maybe I'll be able to find out
how to access my Office software (if I really have it).
--
larrys39426

wrote:

Should I be able to open, and create, Excel spreadsheets with my Works
software? My Dell E510 (about a year old) computer info says I have Office
installed (even gives me a Product ID), but it only lets me create documents
other than spreadsheets. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Peo Sjoblom

Excel & MS Works compatibility

Many computers come loaded with Works and MS Word (but not Excel)
they may call that Office.

Peo Sjoblom

wrote:

Should I be able to open, and create, Excel spreadsheets with my Works
software? My Dell E510 (about a year old) computer info says I have
Office
installed (even gives me a Product ID), but it only lets me create
documents
other than spreadsheets. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

larrys39426

Excel & MS Works compatibility

Thanks. That sounds like what happened in my case.
--
larrys39426