-   -   Excel Formula Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/163469-excel-formula-help.html)

MM[_2_]

Excel Formula Help

Hello,

I am trying to find the best was to do the following:
A B

1 5

3 10

5 15

I only want a sum of above if there is a number in the A column
i.e. (1*5) + (3*10) + (5*15)

What is the best way to do this considering the data is going to be changing
all the time.

Please advise as soon as possible.
Thanks

MM

Barb Reinhardt

Excel Formula Help

This is an easy one. Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10),(B1:B10))

If you have any text in those columns, it will need to be tweaked.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"MM" wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to find the best was to do the following:
A B

1 5

3 10

5 15

I only want a sum of above if there is a number in the A column
i.e. (1*5) + (3*10) + (5*15)

What is the best way to do this considering the data is going to be changing
all the time.

Please advise as soon as possible.
Thanks

MM