-   -   Using a time value in an Excel formula to figure an hourly average (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/163226-using-time-value-excel-formula-figure-hourly-average.html)

Chuck Walsh

Using a time value in an Excel formula to figure an hourly average

I know this is probably a very simple question for most, but I am a bit dense.
I need to use a time value that is generated by another formula to generate
a per hour average.

Example is a person works from 10: AM until 3:00 PM in my current
spreadsheet I have a start time colum and an end time colum. I also have a
time worked column that has a formula in it to get the total time worked. I
show a starting total of items say 100. I then put in an ending item total
say 200. I want to use a formula to calculate items per hour average. Right
now I have a base formula but I have to enter the time morked in each cell
manually. I want Exccell to take the value from the Dependent cell that
contains the formula that figurers time worked.
Can anyone help
--
Thanks for any and all help with this natter.

Chuck Walsh

Peo Sjoblom

Using a time value in an Excel formula to figure an hourly average

=Items/(Tot_time*24)

format as number of general

I don't know if you meant that when starting items are 100 and ending items
are 200 that you would take the difference in that case

=(200-100)/(Tot_time*24)

replace the values by cells

Peo Sjoblom