-   -   Numeric code of spaces! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/16315-numeric-code-spaces.html)

Johan

Numeric code of spaces!

Hi!

I imported a textstring from the webb into excel, when doing so I got a few
spaces aswell. I managed to remove them (The replace function). BUT The space
character I removed had a numeric code 160. The normal space key has value
32!!! Why is this?

Can anybody explain this!

Thanks
/Johan

tjtjjtjt

It's an HTML code for nonbreaking space.

Here's a table of the HTML codes.
http://www.lookuptables.com/
Make sure you pick HTML Codes from the menu at the top. (Blue with Yellow
lettering.)

tj