-   -   Pivot chart problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/163131-pivot-chart-problem.html)

George McDonald

Pivot chart problem

I have an access database query linked to a spreadsheet as shown below.

SumOfHoursnonproductive Planarea DateComp
8 West 04/01/07 00:00
14.25 West 08/01/07 00:00
1.5 East 09/01/07 00:00
8 England 09/01/07 00:00
16 North 09/01/07 00:00
10 West 09/01/07 00:00
5 East 10/01/07 00:00
4 England 10/01/07 00:00
14 North 10/01/07 00:00
12 East 11/01/07 00:00
1.5 England 11/01/07 00:00
11 North 11/01/07 00:00
6 West 11/01/07 00:00
27.5 East 12/01/07 00:00
3 North 12/01/07 00:00
32.5 West 12/01/07 00:00

I have transfered the data to a pivot table shown below. The information
continues for each working day of the year.

4/1/07 8/1/07 9/1/07
East 1.5
England
North
West 8 14.25

The problem I have is when I use the chart wizard or insert chart the chart
is based on the original data style. What I want is the chart to be based on
the pivot table style. Can anyone help please?