-   -   Scroll bar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/162986-scroll-bar.html)

MJK700i

Scroll bar

Can I add scroll bar to a worksheet and links it to a list of data. If I
have two cells A1 ( amount ) and B1 ( rate ). I want to calculate the
product in C1, =A1*B1. In A1, I will put the amount. I want a scroll bar
connected to B1 with a list of rates that I can move up & down. The product (
C1 ) will change while I am moving the scroll bar. Is it possible ????
Thank you

Mustafa Al-Khars

Roger Govier[_3_]

Scroll bar

Hi

You could add a Data Validation to cell B1 which would show a list of
values, but until you had selected the value, the entry in C1 would not
reflect the change.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"MJK700i" wrote in message
Can I add scroll bar to a worksheet and links it to a list of data. If I
have two cells A1 ( amount ) and B1 ( rate ). I want to calculate the
product in C1, =A1*B1. In A1, I will put the amount. I want a scroll bar
connected to B1 with a list of rates that I can move up & down. The
product (
C1 ) will change while I am moving the scroll bar. Is it possible ????
Thank you

Mustafa Al-Khars

Zone[_3_]

Scroll bar

Or, you could use a spinner control. Right-click on the toolbar and select
Control Toolbox. Click on the spinner control, then click where you want it
on the screen. Right-click on the spinner, select View Code, and paste this
code in there. Not exactly a scrollbar, but it will continue to spin when
you select up or down, as long as you keep the mouse button down. HTH,
James

Private Sub SpinButton1_SpinUp()
If [b1] < 1 Then
[b1] = [b1] + 0.01