-   -   Attempting to save a file type blocked by registry policy setting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/162912-attempting-save-file-type-blocked-registry-policy-setting.html)

Marc Marckwardt

Attempting to save a file type blocked by registry policy setting

I downloaded the new sr3 from microsoft. I need to save my excel files as a
wk3 file. The message above now pops up and I am unable to save the workbook
file as a wk3 file. Help

Gord Dibben

Attempting to save a file type blocked by registry policy setting

Marc

See here for a fix.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922848/en-us

Will require a Registry hack for 2003 version as noted.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 09:34:00 -0700, Marc Marckwardt <Marc
wrote:

I downloaded the new sr3 from microsoft. I need to save my excel files as a
wk3 file. The message above now pops up and I am unable to save the workbook
file as a wk3 file. Help

Becky

Attempting to save a file type blocked by registry policy sett

Gord

I applied this fix and I am able open .wk4 files in Excel, but I still
cannot save them. Is there any more information about this new security
feature?

Thanks
Becky

wrote:

I downloaded the new sr3 from microsoft. I need to save my excel files as a
wk3 file. The message above now pops up and I am unable to save the workbook
file as a wk3 file. Help

Gord Dibben

Attempting to save a file type blocked by registry policy sett

All I can see is maybe you missed the bottom part which shows how to set the
filesaveblock keys..

"To enable the FileSaveBlock subkey settings, follow these steps:"

I haven't experimented with this at all.

Gord

wrote:

I downloaded the new sr3 from microsoft. I need to save my excel files as a
wk3 file. The message above now pops up and I am unable to save the workbook
file as a wk3 file. Help

Becky

Attempting to save a file type blocked by registry policy sett

That was it. Thanks!

wrote:

I downloaded the new sr3 from microsoft. I need to save my excel files as a
wk3 file. The message above now pops up and I am unable to save the workbook
file as a wk3 file. Help

Gord Dibben

Attempting to save a file type blocked by registry policy sett

Thanks for the feedback.

We both learned something from this exchange.

Gord

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:43:02 -0800, Becky
wrote:

That was it. Thanks!