-   -   EXCEL Cell Refresh (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/162614-excel-cell-refresh.html)

Steve 51

EXCEL Cell Refresh

I have a relatively small spreadsheet containing a number of simple formulas
(i.e. A2-B2; Sum(C2:C15), etc). When ever I enter data in a cell, the
spreadsheet appears to be refreshing the data in in EVERY cell, whether it
was affected by the input or not. As a result, it takes an unreasonable
amount of time to do updates.

I have numerous other workbooks with significantyly larger amounts of data
and multiple complex formulas and functions which do not have the same
problem when I use them.

Anyone run across this before? Any suggestions?

hmm

EXCEL Cell Refresh

It could be you are using volatile functions, or any of several items that
force cell recalculation. Check
http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsi.htm. Good luck!

"Steve 51" wrote:

I have a relatively small spreadsheet containing a number of simple formulas
(i.e. A2-B2; Sum(C2:C15), etc). When ever I enter data in a cell, the
spreadsheet appears to be refreshing the data in in EVERY cell, whether it
was affected by the input or not. As a result, it takes an unreasonable
amount of time to do updates.

I have numerous other workbooks with significantyly larger amounts of data
and multiple complex formulas and functions which do not have the same
problem when I use them.

Anyone run across this before? Any suggestions?

F.G.

EXCEL Cell Refresh

On Oct 18, 11:38 am, Steve 51
wrote:
I have a relatively small spreadsheet containing a number of simple formulas
(i.e. A2-B2; Sum(C2:C15), etc). When ever I enter data in a cell, the
spreadsheet appears to be refreshing the data in in EVERY cell, whether it
was affected by the input or not. As a result, it takes an unreasonable
amount of time to do updates.

I have numerous other workbooks with significantyly larger amounts of data
and multiple complex formulas and functions which do not have the same
problem when I use them.

Anyone run across this before? Any suggestions?

ToolOptionCalculation
Select Manual instead of automatic.
This might help.

Faruk Gashi