-   -   Conditional Formating help. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/162513-conditional-formating-help.html)

Cam

Conditional Formating help.

Hello,

What function do I use in conditional formating?
I have part number on sheet1, I would like the cell the turn different color
if the part number on the cell equal any of the cells on column A. There are
hundred of rows. THANKS

Mike H

Conditional Formating help.

Hi,

Select column a and then

Format|conditional format|formula is

paste this in

=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$10000,A1)1

Pick a colour and click OK

"Cam" wrote:

Hello,

What function do I use in conditional formating?
I have part number on sheet1, I would like the cell the turn different color
if the part number on the cell equal any of the cells on column A. There are
hundred of rows. THANKS

Cam

Conditional Formating help.

Mike,

I forgot the mention that the problem is the data where the conditional
formating is on sheet1, but the reference data in column A is actually in
sheet2. They are not on the same sheet.

"Cam" wrote:

Hello,

What function do I use in conditional formating?
I have part number on sheet1, I would like the cell the turn different color
if the part number on the cell equal any of the cells on column A. There are
hundred of rows. THANKS

David Biddulph[_2_]

Conditional Formating help.

You can't refer directly from CF to cell references on another sheet, you
can get away with naming a range and using the name.
--
David Biddulph