-   -   Applying Excel Templates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/162458-applying-excel-templates.html)

gkata

Applying Excel Templates

I have a 'csv' file that contains numbers with preceding zeroes. When I open
the file up, the zeroes are eliminated. I created a simple template that
will format all cells in the worksheet to be 'text'. How do I apply this
template to the 'csv' file? When I have the template open, then import the
'csv' file, the zeroes are still being eliminated. I noticed something about
the data range, but I'm not sure how to set that.

Gord Dibben

Applying Excel Templates

Can you change the *csv extension to .txt and open it?

The Text to Columns Wizard will pop up and you can designate Text as the type of
data.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP