-   -   Obscure Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/16235-obscure-question.html)

Brian Sells

Obscure Question

I am creating a bill tracker with excel and have a question. I have a
construction estimating program that has something in it I would like to
have in my budget worksheet. In one cell there is a drop down list of say
framing materials, as you add a detail to the sheet it adds the name and
price of what you select. After you select something another row of cells
automatically appears for another entry. In my budget sheet I have
designated a certain number of rows(say A1:A20) to provide a drop down list
to select the bill from. Column A provides the name of the bill and column B
provides the bill amount.
Problem is that if I don't have all the rows occupied with data when I try
to get the total in cell B21 I get the #N/A error there and in any row I
leave blank. Is this something that has to be done in VB? Or is there
something I can do different than just pre-designating those rows. Any help
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Brian

CLR

You might try wrapping your formulas in a IF statement like:

=IF(ISNA(YourFormula)),"",YourFormula)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Brian Sells" wrote in message
[...]

peterm

I think I know what you are after can you send me a sample worksheet file
Cheers
peterm