-   -   Conditional Formatting while sharing document (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/162288-conditional-formatting-while-sharing-document.html)

sk

Conditional Formatting while sharing document

Hey everyone

The document I am working with is a Shared document and Excel does not seem
to permit Conditional Formatting for Shared documents (the menu option is
greyed out, and when I removed the document sharing the option became
available). Do you know why this is the case? Is there any way I can work
around this?

Thanks

Gord Dibben

Conditional Formatting while sharing document

No workaround except unshare the workbook.

Shared workbooks have many limitations.

See HelpshareFeatures that are unavailable in shared workbooks

Why is this the case?

Only the developers know for sure.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP