-   -   Macro names (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/16224-macro-names.html)

Natalie

Macro names

Hello All,

Does any one know where there is a list of invalid macro
names? I can't name macros "Date" because of some
programming feature I assume(??) and am wondering if
there are any others??

Thanks

Natalie

Bob Phillips

Natalie,

That is a hard question in many ways. I say that because you would expect
all functions and methods would not be allowed, such as Date, but you can
create a Sub called Now for instance, or Left.

I would suggest that you avoid all functions and methods and properties, not
least because of the confusion it would cause if you are able to use it.

--

HTH

RP