-   -   Trying to Create a Excel Spreadsheet that will tabulate workout ti (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/162210-trying-create-excel-spreadsheet-will-tabulate-workout-ti.html)

karriker

Trying to Create a Excel Spreadsheet that will tabulate workout ti

I am trying to tabulate the time that i have spent working out and the way i
am trying to do it is not working. Excel is entering the the time ie 1 minute
40 seconds as a time 12:01.40 am. so when i try to sum the total time I am
getting a crazy Answer

Twin468

Trying to Create a Excel Spreadsheet that will tabulate workout ti

I do not know if this will work for you but give it a try :
Under Format, Cell, click on the Number tab and select Time
When entering minutes and seconds they shoudl read 0:1:40 for 1 minute forty
seconds.

Good luck.

"karriker" wrote:

I am trying to tabulate the time that i have spent working out and the way i
am trying to do it is not working. Excel is entering the the time ie 1 minute
40 seconds as a time 12:01.40 am. so when i try to sum the total time I am
getting a crazy Answer

iliace

Trying to Create a Excel Spreadsheet that will tabulate workout ti

First of all, use the correct number format. You probably need
[h]:mm:ss, which will enable you to have a sum of over 24 hours. Go
to Format-Cells-Number-Custom, and paste that format code.

The "crazy" answer you're getting is Excel's internal representation
of the number. Again, using a time value number format fixes this
problem.