-   -   can I make a specified sheet as startup sheet in a workbook? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/161865-can-i-make-specified-sheet-startup-sheet-workbook.html)

Arup C[_2_]

can I make a specified sheet as startup sheet in a workbook?

Hi all,
Can I make a specified sheet as startup sheet in a workbook so that it open
the same sheet every time ? By default Excel opens the sheet which was open
at last save.

Mike H

can I make a specified sheet as startup sheet in a workbook?

Hi,

You need a bit of code. Alt + F11 to open VB editor. Double click 'This
Workbook' and paste this in.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Sheet3").Select ' Change to suit
End Sub

Mike

"Arup C" wrote:

Hi all,
Can I make a specified sheet as startup sheet in a workbook so that it open
the same sheet every time ? By default Excel opens the sheet which was open
at last save.

Arup C[_2_]

can I make a specified sheet as startup sheet in a workbook?

Hi Mike
I am still not able to do that.
This is giving error msg. saying Runtime error 9, subscript out of range

"Arup C" wrote:

Hi all,
Can I make a specified sheet as startup sheet in a workbook so that it open
the same sheet every time ? By default Excel opens the sheet which was open
at last save.

Mike H

can I make a specified sheet as startup sheet in a workbook?

Hi,

Change this line to the name of the worksheet you want to be active on startup

Sheets("Sheet3").Select

i.e.
Sheets("Mysheet").Select

Mike

"Arup C" wrote:

Hi all,
Can I make a specified sheet as startup sheet in a workbook so that it open
the same sheet every time ? By default Excel opens the sheet which was open
at last save.

Arup C[_2_]

can I make a specified sheet as startup sheet in a workbook?

Thanx Mike solved my problem