-   -   Change range in capital letters on load (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/161748-change-range-capital-letters-load.html)

Kelson

Change range in capital letters on load

Hi all

How can I change the range between B9 to B500 in capital letters.
I would like to do it in a "on load" event, not using "=UPPER" because I
dont wanna use adjacent column.

Any help?

Cheers
Kelson

David McRitchie

Change range in capital letters on load

Hi Kelson,
You need to install a macro, see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#upper
Microsoft Word does have the feature builtin, but not Excel.

To install the macro see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#havemacro

You would make your selection and then invoke the macro.
--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP -- Excel

"Kelson"
How can I change the range between B9 to B500 in capital letters.
I would like to do it in a "on load" event, not using "=UPPER" because I
don't want to use adjacent columns.

David McRitchie

Change range in capital letters on load

Hi Kelson,
You can use a worksheet_change event macro to capitalize
a cell within you range when the cell is changed. (constants).
Probably have less overhead than changing ranges whether
they need to be changed or not.

You would fix all of the cells first time (once) with the
uppercase example for a selection then this could maintain it.

More on Event macros

'to install -- right-click on the sheettab of the corresponding
' sheet and choose 'view code'. Paste the following procedure
' in the module. -- this is for worksheet Change EVENT macros ONLY.
' Capitalize B9:B500 upon manual change of a single cell in this range
If Target.Column < 2 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Column 500 Then Exit Sub
On Error Resume Next 'insure that Enable Events gets reenabled
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula)
Application.EnableEvents = True 'MUST be reenabled with True
On Error GoTo 0 'resume normal error handling