-   -   how do I change column headers from a number to a letter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/161745-how-do-i-change-column-headers-number-letter.html)

niffer

how do I change column headers from a number to a letter

I have a spreadsheet where instead of letters the columns are labeled with
numbers. Formulas still want the letter value though. How do I change them
back to the letters??

kassie

how do I change column headers from a number to a letter

Select an empty cell, press <Ctrl<V, select your row of labels, right
click, select Paste Special, click the Add option, and OK out

--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

"niffer" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where instead of letters the columns are labeled with
numbers. Formulas still want the letter value though. How do I change them
back to the letters??

Rich[_2_]

how do I change column headers from a number to a letter

Tools: options : General

Take Tick Out Of The R1C1 Options Box