-   -   How do I set F11 to insert worksheet Excel 2003? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/161623-how-do-i-set-f11-insert-worksheet-excel-2003-a.html)

laineywolff

How do I set F11 to insert worksheet Excel 2003?

At other locations using Excel 2003 I was able to insert a new worksheet into
the workbook in which I was working by pressing F11. Where I work now, when
I press F11 it inserts a chart not a worksheet. Do you know how I can reset
the default so that F11 will insert a worksheet?

Thanks,

laineywolff

Chip Pearson

How do I set F11 to insert worksheet Excel 2003?

Actually, the default behavior of F11 is to insert a chart sheet, not
worksheet. It is possible that you had an add-in that trapped for F11 and
inserted a worksheet not a chart sheet.

The following code will set F11 to insert a worksheet rather than a Chart
sheet.

"laineywolff" wrote in message
At other locations using Excel 2003 I was able to insert a new worksheet
into
the workbook in which I was working by pressing F11. Where I work now,
when
I press F11 it inserts a chart not a worksheet. Do you know how I can
reset
the default so that F11 will insert a worksheet?

Thanks,

laineywolff

Chip Pearson

How do I set F11 to insert worksheet Excel 2003?

Forgot to post the code.

Sub SetF11()
Application.OnKey "{F11}", "InsertWorksheet"
End Sub

Sub ResetF11()
Application.OnKey "{F11}"
End Sub

Sub InsertWorksheet()
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Add

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel, 10 Years
Pearson Software Consulting
www.cpearson.com
(email on the web site)

"laineywolff" wrote in message
At other locations using Excel 2003 I was able to insert a new worksheet
into
the workbook in which I was working by pressing F11. Where I work now,
when
I press F11 it inserts a chart not a worksheet. Do you know how I can
reset
the default so that F11 will insert a worksheet?

Thanks,

laineywolff

chefmike

How do I set F11 to insert worksheet Excel 2003?

Chip,
Sorry to bother you, but I am a novice with excel coding, how do I insert
the code into the sheet for it to work?

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

[...]

Tyro[_2_]

How do I set F11 to insert worksheet Excel 2003?

F11 inserts a chart. Shift+F11 inserts a new worksheet

Tyro

"laineywolff" wrote in message
At other locations using Excel 2003 I was able to insert a new worksheet
into
the workbook in which I was working by pressing F11. Where I work now,
when
I press F11 it inserts a chart not a worksheet. Do you know how I can
reset
the default so that F11 will insert a worksheet?

Thanks,

laineywolff

Dave Peterson

How do I set F11 to insert worksheet Excel 2003?

Maybe you hit shift-F11 to get the new worksheet and you're memory is going
<vbg.

Chip Pearson has a list of shortcuts he
http://cpearson.com/excel/KeyboardShortcuts.htm

But I can never remember those keys (except for a couple--it's hell getting
old!).

So I've added a couple of icons to my favorite toolbar:
Tools|Customize|Toolbars tab|create a new toolbar if you like
then
On the Commands Tab|Insert category|drag the Worksheet icon to that favorite
toolbar.

I also dragged an icon from the Forms category--it was the Toggle Grid icon.
Then I can show/hide those gridlines really easily.

--

Dave Peterson