-   -   how do i change row and column headers to my own text? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/161516-how-do-i-change-row-column-headers-my-own-text.html)

jordana456

how do i change row and column headers to my own text?

how?

Gord Dibben

how do i change row and column headers to my own text?

You don't.

Workaround.

Enter titles in row1.

Select A2 and WindowFreeze Panes

ToolsOptionsView. Uncheck row and column headers.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 20:49:02 -0700, jordana456
wrote:

how?

T. Valko

how do i change row and column headers to my own text?

For all intents and purposes, you can't.

You can choose to not display the current row and column headers any use
your own *BUT* you'd still have to refer to cells using the standard
headers.

ToolsOptionsViewRow & column headers

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jordana456" wrote in message
how?

David Biddulph[_2_]

how do i change row and column headers to my own text?

And if you want to enter row headers too, do so in column A, and select B2,
rather than A2, before freezing panes.
--
David Biddulph

You don't.

Workaround.

Enter titles in row1.

Select A2 and WindowFreeze Panes

ToolsOptionsView. Uncheck row and column headers.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 20:49:02 -0700, jordana456
wrote:

how?