-   -   How stop Excel file UK date order changing to US order in m.merge (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/161487-how-stop-excel-file-uk-date-order-changing-us-order-m-merge.html)

Roger Aldridge

How stop Excel file UK date order changing to US order in m.merge

I have DOB field in an Excel file in deliberate UK order (eg. 23/05/2000)
which I want to put onto labels. I go through the mail merge wizard but when
i call up the file and look at it, the DOB has changed to US order (eg.
05/23/2000) and this then appears on the labels.
Using 2003 Office.

David Biddulph[_2_]

How stop Excel file UK date order changing to US order in m.merge

If you use =TEXT(A1,"dd/mm/yyyy"), the mail merge won't reformat the
resulting text string.

I'm a little surprised that you've seen the field as 05/23/2000, as I would
have thought it more likely that it would see 36669.
--
David Biddulph