-   -   Hiding columns in Excel - (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/161472-hiding-columns-excel.html)

Helmut

Hiding columns in Excel -

I have a work sheet that spans a1:gm50, most of which is optional data. When
attempting to hide the columns I don't want to see, I receive the message
"Cannot Shift Objects Off Page". It does not appear that the worksheet or
the workbook is protected. How can I get around this?
Thanking you in advance.
Helmut

Gord Dibben

Hiding columns in Excel -

211769 - XL Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet Error Hiding Columns:

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 12:50:01 -0700, Helmut
wrote:

I have a work sheet that spans a1:gm50, most of which is optional data. When
attempting to hide the columns I don't want to see, I receive the message
"Cannot Shift Objects Off Page". It does not appear that the worksheet or
the workbook is protected. How can I get around this?
Thanking you in advance.
Helmut

Dave Peterson

Hiding columns in Excel -

Maybe...

XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;211769

Remember to look for comments and merged cells.

--

Dave Peterson