-   -   why does date change when opening attachment (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/161466-why-does-date-change-when-opening-attachment.html)

princessmom717

why does date change when opening attachment

When I open an attachment, the date on the spreadsheets changes from the date
they sent it to the current date.

How do I fix this?

Kevin B

why does date change when opening attachment

Check the cell that has the date and see if the contents are one of the
following Excel functions:

=NOW()
or

=TODAY()

Both of which update based upon the current system clock. The NOW function
returns both date & time, and the TODAY function returns only the current
date.

--
Kevin Backmann

"princessmom717" wrote:

When I open an attachment, the date on the spreadsheets changes from the date
they sent it to the current date.

How do I fix this?

Kevin B

why does date change when opening attachment

I was a bit to trigger happy and launched the previous reply a bit prematurely.

You'll have to replace either of the aformenetioned functions with a fixed
date and not a formula date.
--
Kevin Backmann