-   -   Named range is hidden when using OFFSET() (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/161327-named-range-hidden-when-using-offset.html)

Conan Kelly

Named range is hidden when using OFFSET()

Hello all,

When I create an dynamic named range using the OFFSET() function, the name
is hidden from the Name drop-down box (next to the formula bar).

The problem is that name is also hidden from SSIS Packages when trying to
import into SQL Server.

How can I create a dynamic named range where the name is visible from the
Name drop-down box and in SSIS Packages.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

FSt1

Named range is hidden when using OFFSET()

hi
a dynamic named range and a named range are two different things. the
dynamic named range as you discribed will always be "hidden". accually it's
not hidden. it just doesn't show anywhere except your forumula and can be
referenced by other formulas. to have a named range, high light your range
and type the name in the name box or on the menu bar...
insertnamedefinetype in your nameclick addclick ok.
the name will appear in the name box and is not hidden from the SSIS Packages

Regards
FSt1