-   -   Formula Result Before Accepting, Possible? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/161241-formula-result-before-accepting-possible.html)

Lost

Formula Result Before Accepting, Possible?

With Excel 2007 can you customize the formula bar to give you the result of
what you type before you hit enter? This was a nice feature in Excel 2000
with the equal ( = ) button.

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)

Formula Result Before Accepting, Possible?

With Excel 2007 can you customize the formula bar to give you the result
of
what you type before you hit enter? This was a nice feature in Excel 2000
with the equal ( = ) button.

I'm not familiar with Excel 2000, so I don't know how the Equal Button
worked. However, if you want see the result of your formula before hitting
Enter, you can press F9... BUT to actually use (or further edit) the
formula, you MUST press Ctrl+Z (or click Undo in the Edit menu), otherwise
the calculated value will be placed in the cell, not the formula that
produced it.

Rick