-   -   Formating time when pasting from PDF to excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160933-formating-time-when-pasting-pdf-excel.html)

NuclearJACK

Formating time when pasting from PDF to excel?

Not sure if I can explain this right but I am taking data from a PDF
file and putting it into excel. I am taking data that is in the format
hours, minutes, seconds such as 1 hour 20 minutes 10 seconds or
1:20:10. I have the cells formated to [h]:mm:ss

When I paste the data into excel it shows in both the cell and formula
bar as 00:56:39. What I do next is highlight the cell, left click the
formula bar to put the curser up there and then press enter. The data
will change in the cell to 0:56:39 and in the formula bar it changes
to 12:56:39 AM.

What I want to do is have it change to the format 12:56:39 AM with out
having to click each cell one at a time.

Gord Dibben

Formating time when pasting from PDF to excel?

Try selecting the cells and DataText to ColumnsFinish

This may do the trick.

Alternative...........

Format an empty cell to [h]:mm:ss

Copy that cell then select your cells and in place Paste SpecialAddOKEsc

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP