-   -   What is wrong with this vba piece of code? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160843-what-wrong-vba-piece-code.html)

Jo[_2_]

What is wrong with this vba piece of code?

Hi,

I am getting this error: "Object variable or With block variable is
not set!" Here is the mcro's code:

Sub Solve()

Dim SCell As Range

Do Until SCell.Value = 1
If SCell.Value < 1 Then
Range("J24").Select
Calculate
End If
Loop
End Sub

Thanks,
Jo

Don Guillett

What is wrong with this vba piece of code?

It might help if you tell us what you are trying to do?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Jo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I am getting this error: "Object variable or With block variable is
not set!" Here is the mcro's code:

Sub Solve()

Dim SCell As Range

Do Until SCell.Value = 1
If SCell.Value < 1 Then
Range("J24").Select
Calculate
End If
Loop
End Sub

Thanks,
Jo

Kevin B

What is wrong with this vba piece of code?

You've declared a range variable but did not assign it a range

Use something like this, substituting the correct range where I have
"Cell_Address_Here_As_String":

Set SCell = Range("Cell_Address_Here_As_String")
--
Kevin Backmann

"Jo" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi,

I am getting this error: "Object variable or With block variable is
not set!" Here is the mcro's code:

Sub Solve()

Dim SCell As Range

Do Until SCell.Value = 1
If SCell.Value < 1 Then
Range("J24").Select
Calculate
End If
Loop
End Sub

Thanks,
Jo- Hide quoted text -

Say I have two cells A1 and A2. In A1, I have a random number built
into a formula. In A2, I have a formula like this "if(A15,1,0)".

Now, I am creating a Macro that will keep A1 running till its value is
5 where it stops.

So, how can I make the above code runs?

Thanks,
Jo

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)

What is wrong with this vba piece of code?

Kevin has responded to your original question... I just wanted to make a
brief comment about your code. You do not need the If-Then test inside your
loop. The

Do Until SCell.Value = 1

statement won't let the loop execute if SCell.Value equals 1, so there is no
need to see if it equals 1 inside the loop itself. If you think it might be
clearer to you, you can change the Do loop statement to this instead...

Do While SCell.Value < 1

which looks like the If-Then test you were performing originally (you still
would not need the If-Then test within your loop).

Rick