-   -   Text file copied (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160837-text-file-copied.html)

Pammy

Text file copied

We have copied a text file from our mainframe and it has an ' in front of
each name, I tried going to data - convert text to columns and delimited but
it is still there. Any idea?

CLR

Text file copied

Try the Edit Replace feature, replacing the apostrophe with NOTHING, (just
leave that window blank)........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Pammy" wrote:

We have copied a text file from our mainframe and it has an ' in front of
each name, I tried going to data - convert text to columns and delimited but
it is still there. Any idea?

Dave Peterson

Text file copied

I think I'd do that edit|replace while editing the text file--maybe using
NotePad???

--

Dave Peterson