-   -   What are the Charcters "{}" used for (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160675-what-charcters-%7B%7D-used.html)

Kevin from Belleview Florida

What are the Charcters "{}" used for

What are the Charcters "{}" used for in a Beginning of a formula and at the
end of a formulain Excel 2003.

Kevin B

What are the Charcters "{}" used for

The left/right brace indicate an array formula. After the formula is entered
press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to place the braces around the formula.

The braces are not typed.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Kevin from Belleview Florida" wrote:

What are the Charcters "{}" used for in a Beginning of a formula and at the
end of a formulain Excel 2003.

Kevin B

What are the Charcters "{}" used for

I forgot to state this in the previous post.

For an excellent introduction to array formulas check out the following URL:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ArrayFormulas.aspx

Chuck Pearson has an excellent website containing a wealth of information
regarding using Excel.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Kevin from Belleview Florida" wrote:

What are the Charcters "{}" used for in a Beginning of a formula and at the
end of a formulain Excel 2003.

Gord Dibben

What are the Charcters "{}" used for

So has Chip Pearson at the same website<g

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 11:23:02 -0700, Kevin B
wrote:

Chuck Pearson has an excellent website containing a wealth of information
regarding using Excel.

Kevin B

What are the Charcters "{}" used for

Gee, you don't think Chuck, uhh, I meant Chip, will be offended do you?

--
Kevin Backmann

wrote:

Chuck Pearson has an excellent website containing a wealth of information
regarding using Excel.

Gord Dibben

What are the Charcters "{}" used for

My take on Chip is that he doesn't offend that easily.

You're not the first to mis-name him and get corrected.

Or maybe you are but forgot<g

Gord