-   -   Auto Shapes in Excel is greyed out, what do I do? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160669-auto-shapes-excel-greyed-out-what-do-i-do.html)

Kevin P.

Auto Shapes in Excel is greyed out, what do I do?

I have an Excel document that I want to add arrows to, but the autoshapes
options are all greyed out. I also tried to cut and paste an arrow from
another excel document, but it would not allow me to paste it. Is there an
option somewhere to turn on/off autoshapes?

Kevin B

Auto Shapes in Excel is greyed out, what do I do?

Could it be due to the fact that you have either worksheet or workbook
protection on? Click TOOLS on the menu and select PROTECTION. If the
UNPROTECT item is in the cascade menu, protection is the issue.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Kevin P." wrote:

I have an Excel document that I want to add arrows to, but the autoshapes
options are all greyed out. I also tried to cut and paste an arrow from
another excel document, but it would not allow me to paste it. Is there an
option somewhere to turn on/off autoshapes?

Bob Umlas, Excel MVP

Auto Shapes in Excel is greyed out, what do I do?

Press ctrl/6 (you have tools/options/view/objects/hide all) -- ctrl-6 is a
3-way toggle for show all objects, hide all objects, show placeholders.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"Kevin P." wrote:

I have an Excel document that I want to add arrows to, but the autoshapes
options are all greyed out. I also tried to cut and paste an arrow from
another excel document, but it would not allow me to paste it. Is there an
option somewhere to turn on/off autoshapes?

Kevin P.[_2_]

Auto Shapes in Excel is greyed out, what do I do?

Nice work..thanks

"Kevin P." wrote:

I have an Excel document that I want to add arrows to, but the autoshapes
options are all greyed out. I also tried to cut and paste an arrow from
another excel document, but it would not allow me to paste it. Is there an
option somewhere to turn on/off autoshapes?

Ian

Auto Shapes in Excel is greyed out, what do I do?

Is the sheet protected?

--
Ian