-   -   Shapes beneath cell text? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160634-shapes-beneath-cell-text.html)

tskogstrom

Shapes beneath cell text?

Hi,

This is regarding office 2003
I would like to have shapes and just like in Word be able to have the
"text layer" above the shapes. I cant find that in Excel - does
anybody know some workarounds? To be able to fill in cells even if you
have a rectangular shape over/under it?

The worksheet will be protected, if that matters.

Kind regards
Tskogstrom

Kevin B

Shapes beneath cell text?

You can distribute shapes using the Drawing Toolbar.

Click VIEW in the menu and select TOOLBARS and display the DRAWING TOOLBAR
if necessary.

On the DRAWING tool bar, click the DRAW button, select ORDER and then select
SEND TO BACK.
--
Kevin Backmann

"tskogstrom" wrote:

Hi,

This is regarding office 2003
I would like to have shapes and just like in Word be able to have the
"text layer" above the shapes. I cant find that in Excel - does
anybody know some workarounds? To be able to fill in cells even if you
have a rectangular shape over/under it?

The worksheet will be protected, if that matters.

Kind regards
Tskogstrom

tskogstrom

Shapes beneath cell text?

Tnaks, but not the answer - it is the "msoSendBehindText" command that
Excel doesn't have. A workaround for that ...

Kind regards,
Tskogstrrom