-   -   problem copying formula from one workbook to another (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160553-problem-copying-formula-one-workbook-another.html)

[email protected]

problem copying formula from one workbook to another

Background:

I am on Window 2000, Excel 2000 ver 9.0 SP3

I copied a cell in one workbook that has formula (=C14/M15) and try to
paste to another workbook. Excel paste the value instead of formula.
When I use paste special, it identify the cell as worksheet object
instead of the usual dialog of choices such as value, formula. If I
just want to copy one cell, I can just copy from the formula bar.
However, I need to copy a range of cells have different formulas. Is
it caused by some setting of my excel or is it because I have a pivot
table on the original worksheet and the formula reference cells in
pivot table? Any good idea to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Dave Peterson

problem copying formula from one workbook to another

You are running two instances of excel.

Close one workbook (and that instance of excel).

In the other instance, use File|open and open the second file.

Then try your copy|paste.

--

Dave Peterson