-   -   Percentage Formula Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160551-percentage-formula-help.html)

cempire5

Percentage Formula Help

I have a spreadsheet: B2, 848 = New Traffic; B3, 47 = Returning Traffic. I
need to figure out what percentage of Returning Traffic is New Traffic. I
did =(B3/B2)*100%. Can someone please tell me if this is right, and if not,
what the correct formula would be to get the result percentage? Thanks!

Bob Phillips

Percentage Formula Help

Just use =B3/B2 and format as a percentage

--
HTH

Bob

"cempire5" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet: B2, 848 = New Traffic; B3, 47 = Returning Traffic.
need to figure out what percentage of Returning Traffic is New Traffic. I
did =(B3/B2)*100%. Can someone please tell me if this is right, and if
not,
what the correct formula would be to get the result percentage? Thanks!

Tom

Percentage Formula Help

Leave out *100, just type =B3/B2%.

"cempire5" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet: B2, 848 = New Traffic; B3, 47 = Returning Traffic.
need to figure out what percentage of Returning Traffic is New Traffic. I
did =(B3/B2)*100%. Can someone please tell me if this is right, and if
not,
what the correct formula would be to get the result percentage? Thanks!

David Biddulph[_2_]

Percentage Formula Help

And of course that is telling you the Returning Traffic as a percentage of
New Traffic. If the OP wants New Traffic as a percentage of Returning
Traffic it would be =B2/B3.
--
David Biddulph