-   -   Error using a combo box with an assigned macro in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160366-error-using-combo-box-assigned-macro-excel.html)

EA

Error using a combo box with an assigned macro in Excel

I have a combo box in an Excel worksheet with an assigned macro so that
whenever a selection is changed within the combo box, that assigned macro
will execute. I've noticed that the macro will execute its function, but
then a prompt appears with a yellow exclamation sign stating exactly this:

€˜ €˜My File.xls€ could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and
verify that the file location is correct.

If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used
files on the File menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved,
or deleted.

Then with an 'OK' button to close this prompt. I've ran the macro via
Alt+F8 and the macro executes as it should. I have other tabs and files with
the same combo box and macro feature with no problems, but can't seem to
identify the glitch.

Any ideas...SOS!!!!