-   -   How to remove a drop-down box in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160332-how-remove-drop-down-box-excel.html)

AngloAlly

How to remove a drop-down box in Excel?

I copied a portion of a form that was protected and needed to delete some of
the original information. I unprotected the form and deleted the necessary
rows and columns. When I was done, there were 3 drop down boxes atop some of
the columns. How do I eliminate them? I do not want them in or on the new
form.

Kevin B

How to remove a drop-down box in Excel?

Select the columns with the drop-down combo boxes and click the CLEAR ALL
command button to remove the data validation list from the selected range.
--
Kevin Backmann

"AngloAlly" wrote:

I copied a portion of a form that was protected and needed to delete some of
the original information. I unprotected the form and deleted the necessary
rows and columns. When I was done, there were 3 drop down boxes atop some of
the columns. How do I eliminate them? I do not want them in or on the new
form.

Gord Dibben

How to remove a drop-down box in Excel?

If not DV dropdowns as Kevin B suggests, maybe these are Autofilter buttons.

DataFilter. Does Autofilter have a checkmark?

If so, click to uncheck.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP