-   -   Custom Views (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160321-custom-views.html)

Michael Gudyka

Custom Views

I know how to create a cusom view, but I can't seem to figure out how to get
back to the regular view. My custom view mostly involves hiding columns.
Thanks in advance.
--
Michael Gudyka
St. Charles, IL

Dave Peterson

Custom Views

Maybe you can show all the columns you want to see in the normal view, then give
it a nice name in the custom view dialog (name it Normal(?)).

Then you can just show this "Normal" view.

Or you can unhide all the columns you want to see each time.

Michael Gudyka wrote:

I know how to create a cusom view, but I can't seem to figure out how to get
back to the regular view. My custom view mostly involves hiding columns.
Thanks in advance.
--
Michael Gudyka
St. Charles, IL

--

Dave Peterson

RagDyeR

Custom Views

As you've discovered, there is *no way* to return from a "Custom View".

You'd think MS would mention this in the Help files on the feature, but they
don't.

All you can do is, *before* you create your first Custom View, create a name
for the original sheet in "Custom View" and say call it:
orig
And then you can return to it by *going* to the "orig" view.

BTW, you can add a "Custom View" window to your menu or tool bar.

Check out this old post:

http://tinyurl.com/2rnogq

--
HTH,

RD

"Michael Gudyka" wrote in message
I know how to create a cusom view, but I can't seem to figure out how to
get
back to the regular view. My custom view mostly involves hiding columns.
Thanks in advance.
--
Michael Gudyka
St. Charles, IL

Jo4321

Custom Views

UH OH. Does this mean, that since I hit "SAVE" while in a custom view, that
I will never be able to get the info that was in my normal view back? (since
I did not create a "full view" prior)

Jo

"RagDyer" wrote:

[...]

Nope.

It just means that you'll have to show things manually. Unhide what you want
unhidden (rows and columns).

After you set it the "normal" way, save that as a custom view. Then it'll be
easier to get back there the next time.

"RagDyer" wrote:

[...]

I don't know. It appears that I cannot get them back, since I had hit save.
I tried using format, unhide columns and nothing happens. I hit that several
times. I also tried undo, but no joy there either. Very frustrating. Any
other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jo

Jo4321 wrote:

UH OH. Does this mean, that since I hit "SAVE" while in a custom view, that
I will never be able to get the info that was in my normal view back? (since
I did not create a "full view" prior)

Jo

Dave Peterson

Custom Views

What columns are hidden?

If they are all to the left side, maybe you can unfreeze panes:
window|unfreeze panes
Then scroll to the left to see if it worked.

If it doesn't maybe you can try widening the columns.
Edit|goto
type: A:IV
format|column|width and give it a nice number