-   -   Help with making a template (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160320-help-making-template.html)

bizygirl

Help with making a template

For work I currently have to write in the same information on several
different forms. I was hoping that some one could help me figure out how to
get those forms into Excel worksheets... from there I am pretty confident
that I can use the first page of the workbook to enter my info and have it
pull to the fields I need it to, then just print the forms. Is there a way
just to scan the forms in, or do I have to recreate them manually?

Pete_UK

Help with making a template

If you scan the forms in then you will have an image of them - not
much use to Excel. With some OCR software you could then convert them
into editable text, for use in Word or Excel. But, unless they are
very complex, I would advise that you just recreate them manually, and
then you would have much more control over the finished product.

Hope this helps.

Pete