-   -   text truncating (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160309-text-truncating.html)

Overcome by info

text truncating

Is it possible to have too much text in a cell? The cell is formatted as
general, wrap text with auto fit but will only show three quarters of the
text I have typed into the cell. When I double click on the cell all the text
shows but once I tab out of the cell I loose some of my text.

Gary''s Student

text truncating

It's only the visibility of the text. Every so often insert a hard return in
the text (ALT-ENTER) to improve the visibility.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200748

"Overcome by info" wrote:

Is it possible to have too much text in a cell? The cell is formatted as
general, wrap text with auto fit but will only show three quarters of the
text I have typed into the cell. When I double click on the cell all the text
shows but once I tab out of the cell I loose some of my text.

Peo Sjoblom

text truncating

Supposedly a cell will not show anything beyond 1024 characters whereas it
will show up to 32k in the formula bar. However if you insert alt + enter
quite a bit you should be able to bypass that.

Peo Sjoblom

"Overcome by info" <Overcome by wrote in
message ...