-   -   csv file with 268 columns necessary (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160307-csv-file-268-columns-necessary.html)

MD

csv file with 268 columns necessary

Hello. I have a csv file that is generated from an agent in Lotus
Notes. It, obviously, produces a "file not loaded completely" error
when attempting to open in Excel. Is there a way to extend the layout
for certain files in Excel? All of these columns need to be included
in the file. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Peo Sjoblom

csv file with 268 columns necessary

You would need to import it in 2 stages, first 256 columns in one sheet and
then the rest in another
You could open it in a text editor and split the file and put the last 12
columns in a separate file
then import that file in a separate sheet. Note that Excel 2007 has 16384
columns

Peo Sjoblom

"MD" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello. I have a csv file that is generated from an agent in Lotus
Notes. It, obviously, produces a "file not loaded completely" error
when attempting to open in Excel. Is there a way to extend the layout
for certain files in Excel? All of these columns need to be included
in the file. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

David Biddulph[_2_]

csv file with 268 columns necessary

Using Excel 2007 is one option.
Another option is to go into your csv, manually chop out the first 12
columns, save as a new file, then import the two files separately.
--
David Biddulph

ups.com...