-   -   SORT BY WEEK (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160285-sort-week.html)

smonsmo

SORT BY WEEK

I have a summary worksheet that I would like to separate by weeks. Each row
contains a date that the job was completed along with the contracted dollar
amount and I would like to be able to find out how much dollar volume was
accomplished during each week of the month.
Thanks for the help.
Steve

Stefi

SORT BY WEEK

Use =WEEKNUM() function in a helper column and make subtotals by the helper
column!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛smonsmo€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I have a summary worksheet that I would like to separate by weeks. Each row
contains a date that the job was completed along with the contracted dollar
amount and I would like to be able to find out how much dollar volume was
accomplished during each week of the month.
Thanks for the help.
Steve

OssieMac

SORT BY WEEK

Hi Steve,

It depends on exactly what periods of the month you refer to as weeks.
Example: Wed Aug 1 2007 to Fri Aug 31 2007.

In the above is Wed Aug 1 to Sat Aug 4 the first week? or
is Wed Aug 1 to Tue Aug 7 the first week or
do you want weeks ending Friday and if you do what happens to the first and
last periods that are not necessarily full weeks?

Apart from the above the following might help:-

=WEEKNUM(A33) where A33 is a date tells you the number of the week from
the beginning of the year. Check it out in help for counting from either a
Sunday or Monday as the first day of the week.

Regards,

OssieMac