-   -   How do I move rows showing a specific field to other worksheets/. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/16028-how-do-i-move-rows-showing-specific-field-other-worksheets.html)

jmp

How do I move rows showing a specific field to other worksheets/.

I am trying to take data from an excel sheet and break it out into separate
excel files or separate worksheets. For example, I have 50,000 rows of data
in the worksheet and I want to send separate files to people in different
states. I would need to select the rows from each state separately, so that
it would create a worksheet for AZ, another for TX, FL,and so on. Is there
an automated way to do this?

Thanks,

jmp

Oliver Ferns via OfficeKB.com

Hi,
there is no automatic way to do this. You could automate it fairly simply
by turning on the Macro recorder and using Advanced Filter in the
DataFilterAdvanced Filter and click on the copy to another location
button. Then it would be fairly straightforward, depending on your
competence level of course, to adapt the code to pump out the sheets.

Hth,
Oli