-   -   Missing info in Formula Tab (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160116-missing-info-formula-tab.html)

SOS Excel 2007

Missing info in Formula Tab

When using Excel 2007, I can open every tab in the workbook....except the
"Formula Tab". When I click on the tab, the program locks up! When I go to
the task manager window it says "not responding"...what in the world in going
on? HELP, HELP!!

Ron de Bruin

Missing info in Formula Tab

Hi

Try this first

Run Office Diagnostics.
Office ButtonExcel Options...Resources

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"SOS Excel 2007" <SOS Excel wrote in message
When using Excel 2007, I can open every tab in the workbook....except the
"Formula Tab". When I click on the tab, the program locks up! When I go to
the task manager window it says "not responding"...what in the world in going
on? HELP, HELP!!

SOS Excel 2007[_2_]

Missing info in Formula Tab

Ron-

Thanks...but no problems and the issue still exists.

I appreciate the response. Anyone else have any ideas?

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi

Try this first

Run Office Diagnostics.
Office ButtonExcel Options...Resources

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"SOS Excel 2007" <SOS Excel wrote in message
When using Excel 2007, I can open every tab in the workbook....except the
"Formula Tab". When I click on the tab, the program locks up! When I go to
the task manager window it says "not responding"...what in the world in going
on? HELP, HELP!!

Ron de Bruin

Missing info in Formula Tab

If you start Excel in Safe mode is it working OK for you then ?

Close Excel first
Hold the Ctrl key when you open Excel
Say Yes in the dialog
Now open a workbook

--

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi

Try this first

Run Office Diagnostics.
Office ButtonExcel Options...Resources

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"SOS Excel 2007" <SOS Excel wrote in message
When using Excel 2007, I can open every tab in the workbook....except the
"Formula Tab". When I click on the tab, the program locks up! When I go to
the task manager window it says "not responding"...what in the world in going
on? HELP, HELP!!

SOS Excel 2007[_2_]

Missing info in Formula Tab

Ron...that did it my friend!! Thanks. What now? Will I always need to open
in "safe mode"?

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi

Try this first

Run Office Diagnostics.
Office ButtonExcel Options...Resources

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"SOS Excel 2007" <SOS Excel wrote in message
When using Excel 2007, I can open every tab in the workbook....except the
"Formula Tab". When I click on the tab, the program locks up! When I go to
the task manager window it says "not responding"...what in the world in going
on? HELP, HELP!!

Dave Peterson

Missing info in Formula Tab

I'm not Ron, but I'd look to see if there was a macro that was misbehaving.

Start Excel in Safe mode.
Rightclick on the worksheet tab with the trouble.
Select view code.

If you see code in there that you don't understand, you can go back to the
developer and tell him/her what's happening.

This kind of event code can also be found in the ThisWorkbook module, too. If
there is no code under the Formula worksheet, you may have to continue the
search.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi

Try this first

Run Office Diagnostics.
Office ButtonExcel Options...Resources

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"SOS Excel 2007" <SOS Excel wrote in message
When using Excel 2007, I can open every tab in the workbook....except the
"Formula Tab". When I click on the tab, the program locks up! When I go to
the task manager window it says "not responding"...what in the world in going
on? HELP, HELP!!

--

Dave Peterson

Ron de Bruin

Missing info in Formula Tab

If you have the problem in every workbook
It is also possible that there is a bad add-in that cause this problem.

Open Excel and press
Alt ti
Uncheck all add-ins
Close Excel

Open Excel normal and see if you have the same problem
If it is OK add all your add-ins one at the time and see which one is the problem.

It is also possible that there is a file in your XLStart folder that is the problem.
But try the add-ins first