-   -   How do I align the row numbers to top? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/160080-how-do-i-align-row-numbers-top.html)

PatCos

How do I align the row numbers to top?

I have a large spreadsheet with lots of text in the cells. I have the cell
contents aligned to the top of the cells, but the row numbers are on the
bottom. How do I move the row numbers to align them to the tops of the cells?

Bob I

How do I align the row numbers to top?

Hide them and then it won't matter.

PatCos wrote:
I have a large spreadsheet with lots of text in the cells. I have the cell
contents aligned to the top of the cells, but the row numbers are on the
bottom. How do I move the row numbers to align them to the tops of the cells?

bj

How do I align the row numbers to top?

with 2003, at least, I do not believe it is possible
you can make a phoney row lable by using ROW() in each cell in column a and
hiding the row and column headers tools-options-view-deselect row and column
headers