-   -   problem in VB codes-2 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/159956-problem-vbulletin-codes-2-a.html)

peyman

problem in VB codes-2

hi ,
can anybody explain how I can use the loop below for "find" property in the
following code.I don't know why it can not jump to next I when "find"
property can not find the "/164" in the cells!!!????I know there are far
easier codes to do the substitution but I have to use the "find".thanx

Private Sub CommandButton4_Click()
Dim VAR As Variant
For I = 13 To 32
VAR = Application.WorksheetFunction.Find("/164", Cells(I, 2))
If VAR = 1 Then
Cells(I, 2) = Application.WorksheetFunction.Substitute(Cells(I, 2), "/164",
"")
Else
End If
Next
End Sub

Don Guillett

problem in VB codes-2

As I said in a previous post, I tested your code with 2/164 and it left me
with 2. But, then I showed you how to use vba replace. If you need to use
FIND, look in the vba help index for FINDNEXT. I guess this is homework so
you need to help yourself. You should NOT be using worksheet functions when
there are vba solutions.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"peyman" wrote in message
hi ,
can anybody explain how I can use the loop below for "find" property in
the
following code.I don't know why it can not jump to next I when "find"
property can not find the "/164" in the cells!!!????I know there are far
easier codes to do the substitution but I have to use the "find".thanx

Private Sub CommandButton4_Click()
Dim VAR As Variant
For I = 13 To 32
VAR = Application.WorksheetFunction.Find("/164", Cells(I, 2))
If VAR = 1 Then
Cells(I, 2) = Application.WorksheetFunction.Substitute(Cells(I, 2),
"/164",
"")
Else
End If
Next
End Sub

JW[_2_]

problem in VB codes-2

You've got your arguments backwards.
Change This:
VAR = Application.WorksheetFunction.Find("/164", Cells(I, 2))
To This:
VAR = Application.WorksheetFunction.Find(Cells(I, 2), "/164")

peyman wrote:
hi ,
can anybody explain how I can use the loop below for "find" property in the
following code.I don't know why it can not jump to next I when "find"
property can not find the "/164" in the cells!!!????I know there are far
easier codes to do the substitution but I have to use the "find".thanx

Private Sub CommandButton4_Click()
Dim VAR As Variant
For I = 13 To 32
VAR = Application.WorksheetFunction.Find("/164", Cells(I, 2))
If VAR = 1 Then
Cells(I, 2) = Application.WorksheetFunction.Substitute(Cells(I, 2), "/164",
"")
Else
End If
Next
End Sub

peyman

problem in VB codes-2

thanx Don,
I got your answers, but I just wanna know how I can apply loop for
"find".I'm just curious to know.that's it! by the way it's not a homework.
thanx anyway.